Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Miles is off to school!

My big boy is off to school on the school bus. He has been going to the Early Start program in Santa Clara since the beginning of the summer and had started up again with me taking him there and bringing him back. But now, he is taking the bus once a week. It comes to our house, takes him to school and then brings him to daycare after the day is over.
Yesterday was the first time he got picked up at home and did the whole day without me. He was very excited about going on the bus but when he realized that I was going to leave, he gave me a look that said, "Are you sure about this?" His teachers report that he got to school with nothing but smiles, had a great day (though another DAMN runny nose), and our daycare person reported that he was all smiles when he got to her and, amazingly enough, was still awake. School takes a lot out of him.
I went with him today which was nice for him but certainly not as exciting as going on the bus.

3 comments:

Sanchez Family said...

I could seriously eat him up on that school bus and little backpack! What a big boy....he must be 2!!

leah said...

The first day of school! Wow, such a little guy on a bus- what a cutie!

Ericka said...

omg so cute! my Miles is going to go to school without his momma for the first time this fall.