Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ratting out Daddy

Jeff has been having a stressful week. He has a presentation tomorrow, grades due, work to finish on his website before the presentation, etc. I mention this so you don't judge him too harshly.

Yesterday, I was home from work when I heard the car pull into the driveway. Jeff had picked Miles up from daycare and I went downstairs to greet them. Miles was still playing in the car when I went into the garage and I noticed he wasn't wearing any shoes.

"Where are your shoes?" I asked.

"At home!" he answered with a grin.

"At home?"

"In house!" he gleefully explained.

I couldn't figure out what he was talking about.

Later, Jeff was running down the trials and tribulations of his day. "Shall I list for you all the things I forgot today?" he asked.

"Miles' shoes?" I guessed.

"How'd you know?!"

Your son ratted you out, buddy. Gotta be careful now that he has the language to tell what really happened.

1 comment:

leah said...

I love it! Tattling is definitely a useful skill, lol.